Engineering Ventures, PC is an experienced, consulting engineering firm operating and licensed in Vermont, New Hampshire, New York and surrounding states. Select, qualified professionals and technicians provide a broad range of civil engineering services with specialties in structural and site engineering, permitting, planning and historical preservation.
Engineering Ventures, PC is currently seeking a Staff Engineer to join our Structural Group in our Burlington, VT office. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional engineering office and thrives working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
We work on projects in a wide variety of fields including industrial, commercial, hospitality, municipal, residential and historic preservation. We take pride in engineering places to live, learn, work, play and heal.
We are seeking a motivated person with an EI certification who is on a PE track. Strong technical skills combined with clear and concise written and verbal communication are important. Willingness to complete assignments as workloads dictate is necessary.
Specific initial responsibilities and expectations will include:
• Preparing calculations under the supervision of an experienced engineer using current material and building codes and relevant design standards.
• Proficiency with design software such as Risa, Ram, Dlubal, Enercalc, Tedds, and RetainPro, among others.
• Ability to design and detail using a variety of building materials such as Steel, Concrete, Wood, Cold Formed Steel and Masonry.
• Ability to work in Revit to assist with the preparation of drawings and sketches including completion of redlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Conducting field work to survey existing conditions or review project conformance with plans.
• Flexibility with schedule to accommodate project requirements as necessary.
We encourage professional growth with both in-house and external training, but also expect employees to take initiative for their own development. As technical and management skills improve, our engineers are expected to take on larger roles with project design and client contact.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program, Master’s preferred.
• 2 years of relevant experience in structural design, including proficiency with structural design and Revit software
• Expectation to pass the NCEES Structural Engineering exam and become registered in Vermont within 5 years
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A service-oriented approach and ability to be flexible to meet project requirements
Looking to grow your future in Vermont? Email your resume and letter of interest to Trish Densham at email@example.com.