We are searching for a Structural Project Engineer in our Burlington, VT and Schenectady, NY offices. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 to 10 years of experience in a professional engineering office and be a motivated and driven self-starter with a Vermont or New York State PE registration, respectively. Strong technical skills combined with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills are important.
The Structural Project Engineer’s responsibilities and expectations will include:
- Supervise and/or prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Have proficiency with design software such as Risa, Ram, Dlubal, Enercalc, Tedds, RetainPro, among others.
- Have the ability to work in Revit to assist with the preparation of drawings, sketches and details.
- Conduct field work to survey existing conditions or review project conformance with plans.
- Supervise and/or prepare planning, design and specifications of building structures, facilities and infrastructure including the review of work completed by other staff members.
- Coordinate with engineering and architectural partners to productively solve diverse planning, design and construction challenges.
- Drive a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings and community involvement.
- Manage project budget, assess project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
- Support the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Contribute to business development initiatives to continue developing and nurturing client relationships.
We offer a supportive & energetic environment and a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/life insurances, 401(k) with employer contributions without employee deferrals, team building socials and continuing education opportunities. The firm offers a potential ownership track for highly motivated and dedicated employees who are passionate about growing with the business.
Looking at building a future in Burlington, Vermont or the Capital Region of New York?
Email your interest to Trish Densham at email@example.com