The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 to 10 years of experience in a professional engineering office and be a motivated and driven self-starter with a New York State PE registration. Strong technical skills combined with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills are important.
The Structural Project Engineer’s responsibilities and expectations will include:
- Supervise and/or prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Have proficiency with design software such as Risa, Ram, Dlubal, Enercalc, Tedds, RetainPro, among others.
- Have the ability to work in Revit to assist with the preparation of drawings, sketches and details.
- Conduct field work to survey existing conditions or review project conformance with plans.
- Supervise and/or prepare planning, design and specifications of building structures, facilities and infrastructure including the review of work completed by other staff members.
- Coordinate with engineering and architectural partners to productively solve diverse planning, design and construction challenges.
- Drive a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings and community involvement.
- Manage project budget, assess project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
- Support the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Contribute to business development initiatives to continue developing and nurturing client relationships.
We offer a supportive & energetic environment and a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/life insurances, 401(k) with employer contributions without employee deferrals, team building socials and continuing education opportunities. The firm offers a potential ownership track for highly motivated and dedicated employees who are passionate about growing with the business.
Looking at building a future in the Capital Region?
Email your interest to Trish Densham at firstname.lastname@example.org