It’s the engineers that will save the world.Anthony Fasano
The Schenectady, NY branch of Engineering Ventures, PC is growing! We enjoy a strong reputation as a firm with a commitment to innovation, combined with an enjoyable, focused working environment. EV is known for high quality engineering solutions and outstanding designs.
EV solves problems, no matter the size!
Our firm provides a broad range of civil engineering services with specialties in site and structural engineering. Licensed in over 20 states, we serve our clients from offices in Schenectady, NY, Burlington, VT and Lebanon, NH.
A successful applicant should expect to work on both large and small endeavors in the industrial sector, urban redevelopment, medical facilities, municipal infrastructure improvements, K-12 education and private development.
Clients include architects, universities, hospitals, municipalities, non-profits, private developers and homeowners.
We are looking for someone ready for direct interaction with architect and owner clients. You should anticipate working in a team setting and also independently under the supervision of more experienced engineers. Anticipated job responsibilities include:
- Supervision and preparation of calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Structural design using design software such as Risa, Ram, Dlubal, Enercalc, Tedds, RetainPro, etc.
- Design and preparation of drawings, sketches, and details using Revit.
- Site visits and field work to confirm project conformance, complete testing and evaluate both existing conditions.
- Supervision and preparation of specifications for building structures, facilities and infrastructure.
- Coordination and collaboration with owners, architectural partners and team members to solve diverse planning, design and construction challenges.
- Attend project meetings, gatherings and community involvement events.
- Manage project budget and staffing needs.
- Prepare engineering project proposals with senior engineers.
- Technical growth through project work along with Company-provided training.
EV’s benefit package includes an internal ownership opportunity, generous health and dental insurance plans with EV contributions, 401k employer contributions, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, bonus opportunities, and paid time off.
Email your interest to Trish Densham at firstname.lastname@example.org