Engineering Ventures, PC, a fast-paced and team-oriented firm, seeks a Structural Project Engineer to join our Schenectady, NY office. Over our 25-year history, we have focused on providing collaborative engineering services for technically complex, challenging and rewarding projects.
The partnerships we have developed allow us to work in a variety of fields including industrial, commercial, hospitality, municipal, residential and historic preservation. We take pride in engineering places to live, learn, work, play and heal.
This position offers excellent professional growth opportunity and will have an increasing project management role with the firm on small to large scale projects for value driven clients throughout the regions we serve.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 to 10 years of experience in a professional engineering office and be a motivated and driven self-starter with a New York State PE registration. Strong technical skills combined with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills are important.
The Structural Project Engineer’s responsibilities and expectations will include:
· Supervise and/or prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
· Proficiency with design software such as Risa, Ram, Dlubal, Enercalc, Tedds, RetainPro, among others.
· Ability to work in Revit to assist with the preparation of drawings, sketches and details.
· Conduct field work to survey existing conditions or review project conformance with plans.
· Supervise and/or prepare planning, design and specifications of building structures, facilities and infrastructure including the review of work completed by other staff members.
· Coordinate with engineering and architectural partners to productively solve diverse planning, design and construction challenges.
· Drive a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings and community involvement.
· Manage project budget, assess project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
· Support the preparation of engineering project proposals.
· Contribute to business development initiatives to continue developing and nurturing client relationships.
We offer a supportive & energetic environment and a comprehensive benefit package including generous overtime policy, medical/dental/life insurances, 401(k) with employer contributions without employee deferrals, teambuilding socials and continuing education opportunities. The firm offers a potential ownership track for highly motivated and dedicated employees who are passionate about growing with the business.
Interested parties should contact Trish Densham (email@example.com) with a cover letter and resume.