BCA Center, Burlington, VT
Structural services were provided for the renovation of this historic firehouse for reuse by the non-profit Burlington City Arts. Built in 1889, the firehouse is located next to city hall in downtown Burlington.
A new internal braced steel frame and bell support were designed for
the 85 foot bell tower, as well as a temporary monorail for the
restoration of the bell, and temporary and permanent tie-down rods for
Civil work included stainless steel edged concrete paving sections, and grading to blend in with the Church Street Pedestrian Mall. The project included expert services by Engineering Ventures to address building movement that had been taking place during construction while excavation was occurring around the historic building foundations.
Winner of an ACEC Excellence in Engineering award.