At a Creative and Stimulating Engineering Firm
Preferred 8-12 Years of Total Relevant Experience
Seeking a motivated engineer who can take the lead on a wide variety of challenging and rewarding projects.
Looking for a leadership position at a healthy, vibrant, and highly recognized engineering firm? Look no further! At Engineering Ventures, PC (EV) we integrate a range of exciting civil/structural engineering and related disciplines, which makes our offices highly collaborative and our workdays engaging. We are a values-based workplace. We believe we can achieve individual and collective goals by engineering projects which responsibly enhance the quality of life for the communities we serve.
Our teams work on a wide variety of fulfilling projects in our communities including, medical facilities, municipal infrastructure improvements, historic rehabilitation and private development. Our clients include architects, universities, hospitals, municipalities, non-profits, private developers, and homeowners.
We are seeking a motivated team member ready for direct interaction with architect and owner clients. You should anticipate working in a team setting and independently as needed.
Salary: $85,000 – $115,000
- Supervise and/or prepare design and specifications of building structures and facilities infrastructure including the review of work completed by other staff members.
- Supervise and/or prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Design with relevant software such as Risa, Ram, Enercalc, Tedds, RetainPro, among others.
- Work in Revit to assist with the preparation of drawings, sketches and details.
- Work on a combination of structural building types such light wood frame and timber, mass timber, structural steel, concrete, CMU and historic unreinforced rubble/stone/masonry.
- Foster a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings and community involvement.
- Manage project budget, assess project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
- Support the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Contribute to business development initiatives to continue developing and nurturing client relationships.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or similar discipline. Emphasis on structural design a plus.
- 8-12 years of total relevant engineering experience (may include time in Project Manager Role).
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE). If not licensed in the state you are applying, ability to acquire reciprocity within one year or less.
- Technical writing proficiency.
- Verbal communication skills to communicate successfully with clients, team members and company leadership.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are an energetic team that believes in the satisfaction of engaging in meaningful, challenging, and collaborative work. At EV, we believe happy and motivated people do the best work. We strive to create a culture that promotes teamwork, communication, and work + life balance. That’s why our offices engage in & offer the following…
- Company retreats and picnics
- Remote/hybrid work schedule opportunities
- Social Events throughout the year
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Company Lunches
- Community Service and Engagement
- Generous health and dental insurance plans with employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 12 weeks of PFML through NYS program
- Company Bonus Program
- Paid overtime
- Paid time off
- Referral bonus program
- Professional fee reimbursement
If we’ve piqued your interest, please email your resume and cover letter to Teigue Linch at email@example.com.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $115,000 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location.
Engineering Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We seek individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We believe that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches our culture, organization, and our community.
Did we mention that we’re a dog friendly workplace?