Who You Are
We are seeking a motivated student with a special interest in civil engineering to team with our Burlington, VT office. Candidates should be ready for hands on experience assisting our staff. You should anticipate working in a relaxed and professional team setting and independently as needed. Past experience and/or interest in performing the following tasks is required:
- Knowledge of and readiness to learn local, state, and federal permitting and preparation of required applications for regulatory agencies.
- Ability to assist with writing reports, such as SWPPP’s, Water & Sewer Reports, Narratives, etc.
- Assist in preparing calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Familiar with design software such as HydroCAD to prepare stormwater modeling, hydraulic systems, and pipe design calculations.
- Ability to work in Civil3D to assist with the preparation of exhibits, drawings, sketches, and details.
- Accompany staff for field work for project conformance review, testing and evaluations.
- Assist in preparing planning, design and specifications of site layout and site infrastructure.
- Participate in collaboration with team members, and listen in on clients and partners project meetings, gatherings, and community involvement.
Who We Are
At Engineering Ventures, we are passionate about the built environment. We take great pride in providing the design and construction community with innovative and creative solutions to meet even the most complex of design ideas. Our team focuses on listening to our clients, then building our approach and delivery plan around project goals and vision.
Since our founding in 1994, Engineering Ventures has grown tremendously, with engineers, design technicians, and administrative staff providing civil engineering services with specialties in site and structural engineering. Licensed in more than 20 states, we offer services from offices in Schenectady, New York, Burlington, Vermont, and Lebanon, New Hampshire.
We are an energetic team that believes in the satisfaction of engaging in meaningful, challenging, collaborative work. At Engineering Ventures, we believe happy and motivated people do the best work. We strive to create a culture that promotes teamwork, communication, and work + life balance. We support our team members to do great things both personally and professionally.
What We Do
We pride ourselves in providing practical, buildable solutions for urban redevelopment projects, historic preservation, industrial and medical facilities, municipal infrastructure improvements, K12 education and private development. Our clients include architects, universities, hospitals, municipalities, non-profits, private developers, and homeowners. These projects range from large team multidisciplinary projects to ones where we work directly for a homeowner or municipality.
Engineering Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We seek individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We believe that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches our culture, organization, and our community.
Engineering benefits include generous health and dental insurance plans with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, bonus opportunities, overtime, paid time off and remote work opportunities.
Did we mention that we’re a dog friendly environment?
If you’re looking for your next place to call home, email your interest to Kevin Worden at firstname.lastname@example.org.