We are seeking a motivated team member with 5+ years of experience to join or Schenectady, NY office. Candidates should be ready for direct interaction with architect and owner clients. You should anticipate working in a relaxed and professional team setting and independently as needed. These are the qualities we are looking for:
- PE licensure is required, with direct work experience in New York’s Capital Region and surrounding areas (Western MA & Southern VT). Experience in the Adirondack Park and north country is a plus.
- Eagerness to grow professionally and personally with the firm.
- Experience in local, state, and federal permitting and preparation of required applications for regulatory agencies.
- Experience in writing reports, such as SWPPP’s, Water & Sewer Reports, Narratives, etc.
- Supervise and/or prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Proficiency with design software such as HydroCAD to prepare stormwater modeling, hydraulic systems, and pipe design calculations.
- Ability to work in Civil3D to assist with the preparation of exhibits, drawings, sketches, and details.
- Conduct field work for project conformance review, testing and evaluations.
- Supervise and/or prepare planning, design and specifications of site layout and site infrastructure. Applicants should be familiar with reviewing of work completed by other team members and provide guidance as required. Coordinate with engineering and architectural partners to productively solve diverse planning, design, and construction challenges.
- Help lead a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings, and community involvement.
- Applicants will manage project budgets, assess project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
Engineering Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We seek individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We believe that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches our culture, organization, and our community.
Engineering benefits include generous health and dental insurance plans with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, bonus opportunities, overtime, paid time off and remote work opportunities.
Did we mention that we’re a dog friendly environment? If you’re looking for your next place to call home, email your interest to Trish Densham at email@example.com