Who We Are
At Engineering Ventures, we are passionate about the built environment. We take great pride in providing the design and construction community with innovative and creative solutions to meet even the most complex of design ideas. Our team focuses on listening to our clients, then building our approach and delivery plan around project goals and vision.
Since our founding in 1994, Engineering Ventures has grown tremendously, with engineers, design technicians, and administrative staff providing civil engineering services with specialties in site and structural engineering. Licensed in more than 20 states, we offer services from offices in Burlington, Vermont, Lebanon, New Hampshire, and Schenectady, New York.
We are an energetic team that believes in the satisfaction of engaging in meaningful, challenging, collaborative work. At Engineering Ventures, we believe happy and motivated people do the best work. We strive to create a culture that promotes teamwork, communication and work + life balance.
What We Do
We pride ourselves in providing practical, buildable solutions for urban redevelopment projects, industrial and medical facilities, municipal infrastructure improvements, K12 education and private development. Our clients include architects, universities, hospitals, municipalities, non-profits, private developers, and homeowners. These projects range from large team multidisciplinary projects to ones where we work directly for a homeowner or municipality.
Who You Are
We are seeking a motivated team member (preferred 5+ years experience) ready for direct interaction with architect and owner clients. You should anticipate working in a team setting and also independently as needed. These are the qualities we are looking for:
• Licensed NYS PE with direct work experience in New York’s Capital Region and surrounding areas including the Adirondack Park and north country is preferred.
• Experience in local, state and federal permitting and preparation of required applications for regulatory agencies.
• Experience in writing reports, such as SWPPP’s, Water & Sewer Reports, Narratives, etc.
• Prepare calculations consistent with applicable codes, relevant design standards and accepted engineering practices.
• Proficiency with design software such as HydroCAD to prepare stormwater modeling, hydraulic system and pipe design calculations.
• Ability to work in Civil3D to assist with the preparation of exhibits, drawings, sketches and details.
• Conduct field work for project conformance review, testing and evaluations.
• Prepare planning, design and specifications of site layout and site infrastructure including the review of work completed by other team members. Coordinate with engineering and architectural partners to productively solve diverse planning, design and construction challenges.
• Drive a culture of collaboration with team members, clients and partners through project meetings, gatherings and community involvement.
• Assist with project budgets, grow into assessing project staffing needs to support assigned projects and review of project invoices.
• Support the preparation of engineering project proposals.
Engineering Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We seek individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We believe that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches our culture, organization and our community.
Engineering benefits include generous health and dental insurance plans with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, bonus opportunities, overtime, paid time off and remote work opportunities.
Did we mention that we’re a dog friendly environment?
If you’re looking for your next place to call home, email your interest to Trish Densham at email@example.com.